When our sites were high and we had so many wonderful plans for the season.
You know…When we had all the time in the world to get it all done.
This year was going to be different, there was going to be no stress.
Well… it’s CRUNCH TIME.
With one week left I’m beginning to feel it.
So much done with so much left to do.
With the grocery list started, decorations done and Christmas Shopping almost
finished it’s time to wrap it all up.
Seriously, I’ve got to start wrapping. So… off the computer I go to start wrapping.
ONE WEEK PEOPLE, ONE WEEK! (just saying)
Are you taking time to enjoy the magic?
I’m doing my very best to relax and enjoy every moment.
I decided to add the large Believe on a Wreath on the front door.
The large Believe was made using Expressions Large Believe from Clear Scraps. It measures 5″ x 15″.
On the back I adhered “nestled” scrapbook paper from Authentique Paper’s Cozy Collection.
You can’t really see it from the picture, but, it has a great sweater pattern.
After I trimmed around the letters using a craft knife, I used a gold paint pen to accent each letter.
Make sure to check out all the Expressions Large Clear Word Titles from Clear Scraps.
I was gifted this year with a large collection of Christmas Cards from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s.
I love it when someone finds something cool and vintage like this and thinks of me.
I can honestly tell you I looked at everyone of them.
Some of them will go in frames, others I may even cut and use for collaging.
Here a are a few of my favorites…
Happy Friday Everyone. Enjoy the week-end.
Last year at a garage sale I picked up a bag of old kitchen hardware for 50¢.
I can’t resist a good bargain and knew I might even use them someday.
After disassembling and using them on a couple of projects,
I put the rest in a container on the shelf for another day.
I ran across them again the other day and had an idea…
How would they look with cream spray paint?
I knew I was onto something and let the idea marinate
in my head for a day or two.
This is what I came up with and I’m pretty happy with the results.
For my Ornament:
- Paint the base plate from old kitchen hardware with cream spray paint.
- I added silver around the edge using my finger tip and paint from a silver paint pen.
- Remove the small wooden base from a small bottle brush tree. With small pliers bend the remaining wire tip up into the tree.
- Cut the back of the bottle brush tree to make it flat. Glue in place with Zip Dry glue.
- For a little extra sparkle, I rubbed clear glitter glue into the bristles of the tree. Glue pearl beads and place directly into tree.
- On the top of the ornament I used a piece cream twill ribbon with an inexpensive plastic star ornament on a silver jump ring. Tied it in place with a piece of burlap twine and small cream button.
- I added a silver jingle bell that I painted and distressed with sandpaper and tied on with a satin ribbon.
- Place the word sticker onto a thin piece of chipboard, trim around sticker, lightly sand the edges for a distressed look and glue into place.
Here’s a simpler idea. I love this one too.
I bet your going to start rummaging through that junk drawer in the garage and see what you can find.
When it comes to Holiday Decorating, I love anything with a Snowflake on it.
Make it a Red or Cream Snowflake and I’m a happy girl.
So when I found these Large Snowflakes from Smoothfoam, I fell in love.
To make my Snowflake Wreath you’ll need:
- Paint 6″ Snowflake cream and the 12″ Snowflake red; let both dry.
- Glue the two snowflakes together using craft glue.
- Glue red button onto the center of the cream snowflake.
- Poke a hole on the side of the top of the snowflake with needle and thread. Pull thread through and tie snowflake onto wreath.
- Hang wreath with large piece of ribbon.
One of my daily quirks is to look at my blog stats.
Would you believe I have people all over the world that visits me.
It amazes me too.
As you can imagine, it goes as no surprise that USA is the number one visiting country…
The other day, one thing popped out and kind of surprised me.
Guess which country was consistent all year at the number two spot?
Hmmmm… I’m not going to tell you just yet. (I’m going to make you wait)
I think I’ll do a Holiday Give-away instead.
How would you like to win the Silent Night Scrapbook Assortment from October Afternoon?
Here’s what you’ll need to do…
Leave me a comment here on this post or on my Facebook Page and tell me
which country you think is at the number two spot.
I will pick one lucky winner from all the guesses. (you don’t even have to be correct)
Bonus…..if you’re picked and you happen to have the correct guess I’ll include a bonus prize.
Contest ends Friday 12-12-14.
Good Luck and Happy Holidays.