Sue’s Easy Craft Room Organizing Tip…
Purchase inexpensive photo storage boxes in the same color or pattern to bring calm to the clutter. Perfect for Craft Room, Office or most any room of the house.
I’m generally a neat and tidy person and not a fan of clutter.
That being said, I still have a lot of stuff I need to deal with.
For instance, last week, I spent a couple days going through and shredding old paperwork. I’m ashamed to admit how many years of paper was shredded. Once it was put away neatly and out of sight, I like to forget about it. (or put off for another day.) Last week was the day. With the help of my husband, we collected three large garbage bags full of shredded paper.
My home is always a work in progess.
One of my favorite parts of organizing is labeling.
- Being thrifty, I waited for a sale and purchased the black photo storage boxes at Michaels for $2.00 each. (As always, I should have bought a few more.)
- I used my Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine* and StyleTechCraft White Glossy Craft Vinyl* to make my labels.
- If you’re someone who likes to switch things up a lot, they make removable vinyl* too.
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- After my supplies were neatly organized, I cut out the words to go on the side of the lids because that’s the way the boxes will be going onto my shelves.
- Cut a piece of Vinyl Transfer Tape* to fit over the vinyl words.
- Gently rub over the vinyl transfer tape using the squeegee tool to make sure all the image has transferred. Remove the transfer tape.
These are the little things that make me happy.
I was able to fit forty small bottles of acrylic paint into one 7″ x 11 1/2″ photo box.
Neat, tidy, and easy to find what’s inside.
Here’s the way the shelves looked the last time I shared my craft room.
They are still neat but not as visually accessible.
Black Photo Boxes labeled with White Craft Vinyl. Because organized spaces make me happy.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
Links to Materials Used: (*affiliate links)