A quick and easy Mother’s Day project with StyleTechCraft Adhesive Vinyl.
Remember when we were in grade school, and we painted clay pots for Mother’s Day?
Mom always said the best gifts were from the heart.
So, this year, show Mom just how much you love her with an upgraded handmade gift.
This project can be made by anyone with an electronic die-cutting machine.
I picked up the red plate at Dollar Tree* to match my kitchen. (This one’s for me.)
With the vinyl supplies that I already had on hand, I’ve invested $1.25 so far.
Here’s what I used:
- Royal Norfolk Red Dinner Plate from Dollar Tree*
- StyleTechCraft Silver Luster Adhesive Vinyl*
- StyleTechCraft Black Adhesive Craft Vinyl*
- Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Transfer Tape*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Tool Kit*
- Mom’s Kitchen SVG File from The Silhouette Store
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- To begin, wipe the surface of the plate with the alcohol to remove any oils.
- Use the Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine* and the “Mom’s Kitchen” SVG file to cut the cutlery out of StyleTechCraft Silver Luster Adhesive Vinyl*.
- Cut the words “Mom’s Kitchen” out of StyleTechCraft Black Adhesive Craft Vinyl*.
- Remove the excess vinyl around the images using a Vinyl Weeding Tool*.
Check out this New Weeding Tool From StyleTechCraft*.
It looks like a retractable pencil, but with a nice pointy end.
It is so easy to use. A real game changer when it comes to weeding vinyl.
- Lay the transfer paper over the vinyl image.
- Rub over the transfer paper with a vinyl scraper tool.
- Remove vinyl from the white backing.
- Use StyleTechCraft Vinyl Transfer Tape* to adhere the vinyl onto the front of the plate.
- Gently rub the transfer paper and remove it from the plate.
- It is best to Hand Wash Plate Only.
A last minute, quick and easy Mother’s Day Plate for Mom.
If you’re that overachiever kid, you can add a plate hanger or stand.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.