Create a Beachy Votive with a few Dollar Store treasures.
A cheap and easy beachy decoration.
A great way to display those small shells collected on vacation.
I purchased the Parmesan Cheese Shaker* and a Flameless Candle Votive*
at <a href="http://Dollar Tree” data-wplink-url-error=”true”>Dollar Tree*. (Total cost $2.00.)
To make the Beachy Votive here’s what I used: (*affiliate link)
- Parmesan Cheese Shaker*
- Battery Operated Flameless LED Votive Candle*
- Small Shells
- 15″ Heavy Guage Wire
- Wire Cutter*
- Needle Nose Pliers*
- DecoArt Glass Paint Marker, White*
- 1/2″ Burlap Ribbon
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive*
Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
On the bottom of the Parmesan Shaker, create the look of waves with the DecoArt Glass Paint Marker, White*.
- Wrap wire around a pencil for a spiral handle.
- Using the needle nose pliers, make a small loop on each end of the wire.
- Find two small shells with natural holes on the end. Tie them together with a small piece of string.
- Thread burlap ribbon through both looped ends of the wire and tie around the top of the parmesan shaker. Add shells on string as you knot the ribbon.
- Glue top of broken shell onto the knot of the burlap ribbon with Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive*.
- Add approx. 1″ of sand into the parmesan shaker. Add small votive and shells.