Add a little dimension to your paper crafting projects this Holiday Season.
The Faux Stone Geometric Box was made with Eileen Hull New Geometric Box Die by Sizzix*,
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
How to make a Faux Stone Geometric Box:
- The Geometric Box Die goes together really easily and is also expandable.
- Die-cut the box* using mat board* and a Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*.
- You will need to cut two pieces of the middle section of the box.
- Carefully fold the box on the score lines.
- Assemble the box with the tabs on each side of the box. I like to use Rapid Fuse Adhesive* to glue the box. It dries and holds in 30 seconds.
- Using a palette knife*, apply a thick coat Deco Arts Dimensional Effects Texture Paste* onto the sides of the box. Smooth over lightly leaving a rough texture.
- Make sure to fill in the creased edges to make a seamless appearance.
- Allow the paste to full dry.
- Use dark gray acrylic paint to paint the entire box. (inside and out)
- Use a dry brush with a small amount of paint to apply lighter coats of paint over the outside of the box. I painted from dark to light. I used a combination of the dry brush technique with stippling to get my desired look.
- For my Holiday Embellishment, I used a 1″ gold pendant blank for jewelry making and a 1″ plaid scrapbook paper circle glued in the center.
- Tie the gold pendant around the top of the box using a piece of braided twine.
Add a small faux Christmas Tree for a sophisticated Holiday Decoration.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. As a member of the Eileen Hull Educator Team, I have been provided product in exchange for my creative ideas. The view and opinions are my own.
Materials Used: (*affiliate links)
- Eileen Hull Geometric Box Die by Sizzix*
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*
- Sizzix Matboard*
- Rapid Fuse Adhesive*
- Deco Arts Dimensional Effects Texture Paste*
- Palette Knife*
- Deco Art Multi-Surface Acrylic Paint: Dolphin and Pewter
- Deco Art Americana Acrylic Paint: Antique White and Bleached Sand