Christmas Putz houses are little cardboard or paper houses.
Sometimes illuminated, they are usually decorated with mica flakes
and glitter to make festive Holiday Villages.
Last year, the Eileen Hull Teams got together to bring everyone a little
Comfort and Joy during a rough Christmas Season.
Everyone seemed to enjoy it, so we decided to do it again.
My Christmas Putz House, made with Eileen’s House Ornament Die*,
is my contribution to this year’s “Comfort and Joy” collaboration.
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
Materials Used: (*affiliate link)
- Sizzix 663636 House Ornament Die by Eileen Hull*
- Sizzix Matboard*
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*
- Xyron Creative Station®*
- Rapid Fuse Adhesive*
- Corrugated Kraft Paper
- Christmas Scrapbook Paper
- Bottle Brush Tree*
- Christmas Embellishments
- Cut two 6″ x 8″ pieces of Christmas Scrapbook.
- Run both pieces of paper design side up through the Xyron Creative Station®*. As the paper moves through, it adds adhesive to the underneath side. You get complete adhesive covering.
- Cut two pieces of Sizzix Matboard* 6″ x 8″.
- Adhere the Christmas Scrapbook paper onto each one of the mat boards. (Underneath will be plain)
- Lay covered mat board on top of the House Ornament Die*. Sandwich the die and mat board between the cutting plates. Run the die, matboard, and cutting plate through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*. The Big Shot will cut out the house shape and two tiny houses you can use on a later project.
- Cut two of the house shapes.
- Carefully fold on the scored lines.
- Cut off the top tab with the two holes on both houses. (It is for making the house into an ornament.)
- You will also need to cut the bottom flap from one of the houses.
- Use Rapid Fuse Adhesive* to assemble the house. Glue all sides of the house together before gluing the roof tabs.
- For the Roof: Cut a piece of Kraft Corrugated paper 2 1/4″ x 4″. Fold in half and glue to the top of the roof.
- Place two small pieces of white mat board over the window section of the ornament house die and run through the big shot die cutting machine. Trim around the matboard to create two small windows. Cut two small pieces of gold paper or vellum to fit under the window frame and glue them into place. Glue the windows frames onto the house.
- Cut a tiny piece of mat board to use as a door. Glue a small piece of corrugated paper over the door for the roof.
- Use a 3″ x 4″ piece of mat board as the base for the house. Cover the mat board with scrapbook paper.
- Glue the putz house, bottle brush tree, and mini snowman ornament to the base.
- Decorate your Christmas Putz House with small wreaths, snowflakes, glitter and mica flakes.