My grandson Nicholas is celebrating his 5th birthday in just a few days. (but who’s counting?)
He’s having two parties this Saturday. One for the kids and the other for family.
Such a lucky little guy. (Born on his Daddy’s birthday.)
Since the family party is at his house, I had an idea to make a bright colorful banner to decorate
the new playhouse.
I had recently received a selection of oly*fun to work with and thought it would be perfect to use.
It was super easy to put together.
What exactly IS oly*fun?
oly*fun is a specially engineered material that features some of the best things about fabrics AND
papers. Easy to cut or die-cut and it will not fray. It is great for outdoors
Here’s what I used:
- oly*fun: Orange Crush, Jet Black and Kiwi
- Versatile Checks 12″ x 12″ Stencil (Deco Art)
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Stencil Brush
- Circle Die Cut
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, 4-Ounce
- Tiny Stapler
- Stencil the check pattern using the black acrylic paint on the orange oly*fun.
- Create a banner pattern on cardstock.
- Cut out the banner pattern and trace onto the stenciled oly*fun.
- Trace and cut several banners out of the black and green oly*fun.
- Cut strips and circles to decorate the banners. Glue onto banner with Fabri Tac Glue.
- Fold top of the banner and staple onto the piece of twine.
- Tie the banner onto the top of the playhouse and watch the kids play.
A Special Thanks to Fairfield World for generously providing the oly*fun for this project.