A Fall Dollar Store Craft
As much as I love the summer weather, I do love Fall.
The cooler weather, the beautiful colors…
I only wish it’d turn right back to summer when it was done.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
Materials Used: (*affiliate links)
- Acorn Wood Cut Out*
- Sanding Block*
- Pumpkin Spice Plaid Scrapbook Paper from Doodlebug*
- Harvest-Theme Faux Leather Leaves*
- StyleTechCraft Luster Adhesive Vinyl: Bronze, Orange, Lemon-Lime*
- StyleTechCraft Glossy Craft Vinyl: Brown, Copper, Dark Red*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Transfer Tape*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Tool Kit*
- Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine*
- Nuts for Fall SVG file from The Silhouette Store
- Xyron Creative Station*
- Extra Fine Point Black Sharpie*
- Mod Podge Matte*
- Acrylic Paint
- Ribbon, Twine, and Acorn Embellishment
- Xyron Multi-Stick Glue Gun*
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Lightly sand the acorn shape using a sanding block*.
- Paint the acorn with acrylic paint.
- Trace around the top of the acorn to create a pattern for the acorn top. Fill in the bottom with a wavy line. Trace the pattern onto plaid scrapbook paper and cut it out.
- There are different ways to adhere to the paper. My favorite way is to use the
- Xyron Creative Station* to add adhesive to the back of the scrapbook paper.
- Add the plaid paper to the top of the acorn. Use an extra fine point black sharpie* to add a border around the acorn top shape.
- Using a Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine* and the Nuts for Fall SVG File, size the design to fit onto the bottom of the acorn shape. Cut the design using several colors of StyleTechCraft Luster Adhesive Vinyl.
- Once you remove the area inside and around the cut vinyl, use transfer tape* to add the design to the acorn.
- Decorate the top of the acorn with a big bow, faux leaves, and a small acorn embellishment.
- Add a small piece of twine for hanging onto a door or add it to the center of a Fall Wreath.