Creating Cute Valentine/Spring Décor with StyleTechCraft Vinyl.
Did you ever get a song stuck in your head while working on a project?
I’m showing my age here, but this Karen Carpenter song kept going through my mind while
I was putting together the Bird on the Branch and, I just had to create the words to go with it.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
I love creating projects for my home using vinyl.
My favorite vinyl is the Glossy Craft Vinyl from StyleTechCraft.
There are so many great color choices to choose from.
Materials Used to make the Valentine Projects: (*affiliate links)
- StyleTechCraft Glossy Craft Vinyl* in #464 Red, #466 Dark Red, #468 Burgundy, #452 Olive, #488 Brown, #477 Sunflower #495 Light Gray
- StyleTechCraft Cutting Mat for Vinyl*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Tool Kit*
- StyletechCraft Clear Transfer Tape*
- Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine*
- Bird on a Branch SVG File from the Silhouette Design Store
- Chipboard Cut Out
- FLW9621 For the Love of Winter Collection from Photoplay Paper
- Xyron Creative Station*
- Craft Knife Hobby Knife*
- Craft Cutting Mat*
- Sanding Block*
- Silver Leafing Pen*
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- I used a 5″ x 7″ decorative piece of chipboard that I’d had around for a while.
- I cut a piece of woodgrain paper a little larger than the chipboard.
- Place the paper in the Xyron Creative Station* design side up through. As you turn the handle, it runs through the machine and adds a complete layer of adhesive onto the back of the paper.
- Adhere the paper to the chipboard and cut away the excess using a craft knife and cutting mat.
- Use a fine Sanding Block* to smooth out the edges of the chipboard.
- I used my Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine* and the “Bird on the Branch” SVG file to create my design.
- I sized the image to fit onto my chipboard and cut the various layers of the red in three shades to make a cardinal.
- After weeding the excess vinyl from around my images, I transferred them onto the chipboard using the Clear Transfer Tape*.
- After having the song stuck in my head, I decided to create a few words for my sign.
- For added detail, I went around the edge of my sign with a Silver Leafing Pen*.
- I cut an extra little cardinal to fit inside a small circle frame and added small red hearts on the top and bottom.
- To complete my decorations, I added my small faux heart topiary to a reddish metal and added the words “choose happy” in Olive vinyl.
I have Cute Valentines Decorations that will take me into Spring. (and maybe longer)