Have you read the story of the little caterpillar that ate and ate and ate?
And then turned into a beautiful butterfly? (spoiler alert)
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Caterpillar:
- Six- 2″ Smoothfoam Balls
- Sanding Block or Very Fine Sanding Paper
- Deco Art Americana Acrylic Paint: Olive Green, Sea Aqua, Watermelon Slice, Marigold, Brown
- Paint Brushes
- Bamboo Skewers
- White Craft Glue
- Craft Knife
- Mod Podge
- Lightly Sand the ridge around the middle of the Smoothfoam ball.
- To help the caterpillar sit and not roll. Cut a slightly flat side in two of the balls. Use them as your first and last green balls.
- Paint five balls with Olive Green and Sea Aqua acrylic paint. For added dimension, stipple or sponge the opposite color on the balls.
- Paint the last ball with the Watermelon Slice acrylic paint. Add a cute little face.
- Cut a bamboo skewer into 1″ pieces. Connect the balls together using the skewers and white craft glue.
- Cut the tip off of two skewers and paint brown. Insert into the top of the caterpillar’s head.
- Paint a coat of mod podge to seal the paint and give a shiny finish.
Disclaimer: This project was created for and sponsored by Smoothfoam.