How to make a Tussy Mussy Gift Topper.
What’s a tussy mussy you ask?
A tussy mussy is a Victorian-style bouquet of a small group of flowers.
And flowers always make for a great gift topper.
A little back story…Way back in the day tussy mussy’s were a thing. Ladies would carry tussy mussy’s or stick them onto their lapel to mask body odor. (I’m sure glad we don’t have to do that anymore.)
For my Tussy Mussy I used: (*affiliate link)
- Sizzix Thinlets Die Set Folio Page, Pocket & Flowers*
- 664882 Sizzix Thinlets Mandala Die*
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machine*
- Scrapbook Paper from the Bo Bunny Boulevard Collection*
- Marvy Gold Chisel Point Pen Tip Calligraphy Paint Marker*
- Imagine’s Tear It! Double Sided Crafter’s Tape*
- White Cardstock
- Cream Flowers
- 3/8″ Gold Sheer Ribbon*
- Gold and White Twine*
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Die-cut the pocket pieces using the Sizzix Thinlets Die Set Folio Page, Pocket & Flowers* and the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*.
- Fold the creased pocket on the score lines.
- Use the Gold Calligraphy Paint Marker* to edge the sides of the pockets.
- Die-cut the mandala out of white cardstock. Cut the mandala in half.
- Place a piece of Tear It! Double-Sided Crafter’s Tape* on the inside of the pockets and adhere the mandalas. Trim the excess mandalas from the pockets.
- Place the tear-it tape on the two scored tabs and adhere the two sides together.
- Tie a small gold bow and adhere to the front of the tussy mussy.
- I used a computer-generated font printed on cardstock to create my saying.
- If you would like to hang it, I used gold and white twine.
Add it as a package topper and give it as a gift.