Whether you like a classic style or cute, holiday snow globes are just fun.
Especially when they are made into cards that you can send.
For my cards, I used the Snow Globe stamp and die set from The Maker’s Movement
to make two snow globe cards with two different styles.
Both of these cards could also be made into a cute little shaker cards.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Maker’s Movement. I have been provided product
and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The view and opinions are my own.
Penguin Snow Globe Card
- Stamp the penguin on watercolor paper with a black permanent ink pad.
- Use markers, colored pencils, or watercolor to color in the image.
- Use the coordinating die to cut out the penguin.
- I like to use the Xyron Creative Station* to add adhesive onto my decorative scrapbook paper before die-cutting fine detailed pieces. It makes adhering to detailed pieces like the snow globe outline so much easier to adhere to.
- For the base of the snow globe. I adhered a small piece of woodgrain scrapbook paper onto a small piece of double-sided adhesive craft foam.
- Run the woodgrain/foam piece through the Crossover II die-cutting machine* to create a think foam base.
- Add a couple of thin foam mounting squares* to the back of the penguin before adding him to the card.
- Adhere all your pieces together and stamp a little greeting on the top of the card.
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
Supplies Used on Cards: (*affiliate links)
- MSD231 Snow Globe Stamp and Die Set
- MMT211 Double-Sided Adhesive Craft Foam
- Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting System*
- Xyron Creative Station*
- Xyron Tape Runner*
- Watercolor Paper*
- Tombow Markers: N30, N75, N89, 553, 173, 991, 800
- Cardstock: Cream, Kraft, Grey, Dk. Blue
- Small Adhesive Pearls
- Black Stamp Pad
- Clear Acrylic Stamping Block*
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Thin Foam Mounting Squares*
- Decorative Scrapbook PaperCr
Winter Wonderland Snow Globe Card
Create the soft look of freshly fallen snow with this Winter Wonderland Snow Globe.
I love how different this card is. (can you tell it’s my favorite)
It’s made similar to the Penguin Snow Globe. The two trees in the middle are popped up using
thin foam mounting squares* to give the forest dimension.