I like my blog to be light-hearted, a positive creative place where you can go to
get a little creative inspiration and maybe even a little chuckle from time to time.
I like to keep it light.
I try to be a positive person and most of the time I think I am.
But… today since I’m not feeling quite as inspired or as positive I thought I’d share the
reason why. (I’m still trying to look at all the positives)
Tuesday night after returning from a baseball game.
I went upstairs to find this.
Three weeks ago, we broke down and finally decided to replace the 25 plus year old
air conditioner for the upper level of the house. (not an inexpensive purchase)
Something on the unit malfunctioned causing a leak, the pan underneath the unit which has
the safety that should have shut the machine off didn’t work. (insert long technical explanation)
Of course, the company is extremely apologetic and are doing everything they can to make it right.
But currently, the unit malfunctioned again last night. There is more water and they are
cutting more ceiling as I type. Still I’m trying to remain positive.
Here are the reasons I’m trying to stay positive:
- No one was in the room at the time.
- No one got hurt.
- We weren’t asleep in the bed. (which would have gave me a heart attack, I’m sure)
- We weren’t on a weeks long summer vacation. (can you imagine that scenario?)
- They had someone come out right away.
- They started the restoration process the same night.
- I have a spare bedroom that I can sleep in.
- I have a separate air conditioning unit in the lower level.
- We still have a home and a roof over our head. (In my community that’s a big deal!)
- Things could always be worse.
Life Happens, Crap Happens!
(Here is my bedroom as of yesterday)
I’m just trying not to let it get to me. Even though it’s going to get real hot today and I can’t work in my studio. Still, I have every confidence that the problem will get fixed and everything will work out fine. I’m just a little sleep deprived with all those giant fans blowing constantly in the next room.
So stay cool out there today and try to have a great day. (I may just float in the pool)
Thanks for letting me vent.