Another Fun Blog Hop!
As a Deflecto Design Team member, I am super excited this week to play with our friends over at Stampendous. With two amazing teams joining in the fun you will want to check in everyday of the hop. There will be some fabulous projects and we’re going to be showing them off all week long.
Make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom for a chance to win some awesome prizes.
Paper Sculpting made easy…
Years ago, when I still had my store, we had a Paper Sculpting Card Class
using of all things a sunflower stamp. (oh, my…cutting all those petals!!!)
While the end look was beautiful, I thought the ladies were going to revolt.
They held that card over my head for years. (it was not for the faint of heart)
Matter of fact, I was reminded of that card not that long ago.
Do you love the look of paper sculpting but hate all that fussy cutting?
With this stamp and die set from Stampendous, there is minimal cutting and the flower assembly
goes together very quickly.
The Cling Rose Bouquet Rubber Stamp Set from Stampendous comes with various sizes
of flowers each meant to be used separately or layered together to create one large dimensional flower.
When used with the matching die set, you get amazing results.
Here’s what I used on my frame:
- Stamp the flowers and leaves onto the patterned paper. (see above image)
- Die-cut the shapes using the thin dies and big shot die-cutting machine.
- Cut the leaves off the rosebud and the bottom portion of the second stamped rose image.
- Use a gray marker to go around the outside edge of each image to hide the white core of the patterned paper.
- Using a foam mat or mouse pad and a large ball stylus, turn the shapes over onto the mat and gently rub the shapes with medium pressure on the back of the shapes. This will give the shapes added dimension.
- Using thin foam mounting squares, adhere the flower sections together in this order: large rose, medium rose, rosebud and bottom section of medium rose to create one large rose.
- Cut out the 4″ x 6″ What a Wonderful World section and adhere onto a 5″ x 7″ polka dot paper layer.
- Add layers inside the clear acrylic beveled frame from Deflecto.
- Mount dimensional flowers and leaves onto the front of the frame using thin foam mounting squares.
You’ll want to get your commenting fingers ready! Each comment on a post this week will enter you to win a fabulous prize package! (one comment per post, per person) Contest open to USA residents only. We have three prizes, and each will have a 3 Tiered Cake Stand from Deflecto AND the Stamp and Die Sets from Stampendous.
Now click on the links below and get to hoppin’! Remember to comment on each blog and then return to the Deflecto Blog and leave a comment there for your chance to win.
Are you social? We are too! Please check us out at the following locations…
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the Deflecto Design Team I have been
provided product in exchange for my creative ideas, views and opinions.”
*This post uses Amazon Affiliate links. I am an Amazon Affiliate