Celebrate the Red, White, and Blue!
No matter if your party is big or small.
It’s easy to throw together a Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Themed Summer Party.
Gather up some hotdogs, burgers, and brats for the perfect Summer BBQ Get-Together.
Here are a few Ideas to make the Summer Holidays fun and special.
Grab and Go Party Ware.
Bring Deflecto to your next party.
I used a Deflecto Stackable Caddy Organizer* to hold my tableware and condiments
for easy grab and go.
Disclosure: “This is a sponsored post. As a member of the Deflecto Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas, views and opinions.”
Bold Stripes and Bright Stars
Every party needs a few yummy desserts.
The 3 Tier Dessert Stand* from Deflecto is perfect for displaying cupcakes and other goodies.
It is easy to put together and folds flat for compact storing.
All three tiers on the stand have holes for holding cake pops.
They were the perfect size for inserting small flags and the handmade banner for the top.
How to make the Banner…
- Cut two bamboo skewers 6″ each. Wrap the ends with decorative washi tape. The washi tape helps keep the skewers securely in place when inserting in the stand.
- Die-cut or hand-cut 5 banners out of decorative scrapbook paper.
- Tie a piece of blue and white twine on each end of the bamboo skewers.
- Fold banners and adhere to the twine.
- Apply letter stickers on the front of the banners.
- I used red glitter vinyl and my silhouette die-cutting machine to create the words USA to apply to my banners.
- Stick on each side of the top tier in the holes made to hold cake pops.
Little details make everything more festive.
Don’t forget to make a few star picks to stick into the cupcakes.
This is a fun project that the kids can help you make.
- Create the picks by punching or die-cutting several blue and red stars.
- Add adhesive to the back of the star and place a toothpick in the center.
- Adhere a second star on the back.
- For quick and easy work, I used the Xyron Create-A-Sticker* to add adhesive to the stars.
- Decorative the stars with additional small foil stars.
Add a touch of Vintage Americana with blue Ball mason jars.
They are great for storing straws, and they also make great drinking glasses.
And when the sun starts going down, don’t forget the sparklers and glow in the dark novelties.
Summer Fun Party Decorations Ideas:
- Small Flags
- Banners and Red, White, and Blue Rosettes
- Red and White Striped Straws
- Sparklers, Drop Pops
- Glow in the Dark Necklaces, Bracelets, and Glasses
- Patriotic Tableware
- Deflecto 3 Tier Dessert Stand*
- Deflecto Stackable Caddy Organizer*
I found most of my supplies at Michael’s Craft Store, Dollar Tree and Walmart.
Products Used for your convenience…
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!