A simple Shadow Box that would be cute as Holiday Décor or used as a gift.
The “Happy Holidays” graphic would be cute replaced with a Holiday photo.
This project also uses a simple paint technique for old hardware.
Here’s what I used for my Shadow Box Tray:
(*including amazon affiliate links)
- Shadow Box Tray (7gypsies) (painted black)
- CCP2915 Better Not Pout Tags on Kraft (Canvas Corp Brands)
- CCP2370 Red & Kraft Ribbon Stripe (Canvas Corp Brands)
- Black Fluted Paper (Canvas Corp Brands)
- Petaloo Botanica Minis Decorative Flower, 1-Inch, Red, 11-Pack*
- Bottle Brush Tree
- Pine Craft Stem
- Cotton Ball Multi Surface Acrylic Paint
- Deco Art Metallic Lustre Wax Finish, 1 oz, Rose Gold*
- Chipboard Letters
- Zip Dry Glue
- 3D Foam Mounting Squares
- Double Stick Tape Runner
- Paintbrush and Old Toothbrush
- Black Spray Paint
- Gingham Ribbon
Tips to make your project easier:
- Add Snowy effect by flicking white acrylic paint onto the pine craft stem using an old paintbrush.
- Paint the brass hardware with black spray paint. Once the paint is dry, rub Rose Gold Metallic Lustre over hardware for an aged vintage look.
- For a cohesive look…rub Rose Gold Metallic Lustre onto the chipboard letters and the wood disc on the tree.
- Cut the back of the bottle brush tree flat so that it fits snuggly into the tray.
This project was sponsored by Canvas Corp Brands and DecoArts.
I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you choose to make a purchase using an Amazon link, I receive a small commission that helps offset the cost of running this blog. Thank You!