Taking a simple stocking from plain to personality is easy with Joy embroidered letters…
I picked up a simple linen stocking at my local craft store.
It was nice enough, but it needed some personality.
I decided to embellish the stocking with Joy iron-on letters, ribbons and trim.
Here’s what I used on my stocking: (*amazon affiliate link)
- Depending on the fabric and lining content of your stocking, you can either iron on the letters or glue them onto the stocking with craft glue.
- Make a simple bow by folding the ribbon over and tying the center tight with the twine.
- Add a jingle bell and a small piece of pine craft stem to the center of the bow and tie again with the twine.
- Add button to both ends of the twine and tie to the center of the bow.
- Trim the ends of the bow.
- I switched out the plain wood button on the center of the button for one that better fits my style.
- Glue trim and bow onto the front of the stocking with craft glue.
- Embellish with a Christmas pin.
- Add presents or greenery and berries to the inside of the stocking.
You could hang that stocking from the mantel or….
Doesn’t it make a great addition in the center of my Christmas Wreath.
You can find Joy® iron-on, embroidered letters and number sheets in a variety of sizes, colors, and fonts at your local craft stores.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the Joy® Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!