The Life is Beautiful Mini Card & Envelope Stationery Caddy
is a great gift idea for anyone who loves to send cards.
It would also make a sweet and thoughtful Mother’s Day Gift Idea.
I used the “Life is Beautiful” Collection Kit from Echo Park*.
I also used a few Eileen Hull dies by Sizzix to make the caddy.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. As a member of the Eileen Hull Educator Team, I have been provided product in exchange for my creative ideas. The view and opinions are my own.
Materials Used: (*affiliate links)
- 665981 XL Card Caddy Die*
- 656492 Mat Board*
- 666276 Envelope Die*
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*
- Life is Beautiful Collection Kit from Echo Park Paper Co.*
- Xyron Creative Station*
- Rapid Fuse*
- 1/4″ Score Tape*
- Thin 3D Adhesive Foam Squares*
- Ribbon, Twine
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- For the base of the stationery caddy, cut two coordinating 6″ x 10½” pieces of scrapbook paper. (One is for the front, and one is for the inside.)
- Cut a 6″ x 10½” piece of Sizzix Mat Board*.
- Place the paper design side up into the Xyron Creative Station*. Crank the handle to run the paper through the machine. As the paper runs through the Xyron Creative Station*, it adds a complete layer of adhesive to the backside of the paper.
- Adhere the paper onto the front and back of the Mat Board*.
- Place the mat board with the outside design face down on the Card Caddy Die*.
- Sandwich the die between the two cutting places and run the die through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*.
- Die-cut the two caddy sides using mat board and paper.
- Gently fold the caddy base along the outer score lines and glue the caddy sides to the caddy base using Rapid Fuse Adhesive*.
- Die-cut several mini envelopes using the Eileen Hull Thinlets Envelope Die*.
- To create mini cards, cut apart the Life is Beautiful Journaling Cards*.
- I trimmed and layered the Journaling Cards* onto cardstock to create mini cards to fit into the envelopes.
- The finished cards are 3¼” x 4¼”.
- Embellish the mini cards and envelopes with the Life is Beautiful Sticker Sheet*.
- I added a piece of 1″ pink grosgrain ribbon around the middle of the caddy case.
- I cut apart the Life is Beautiful 4″ x 4″ journal cards* and adhered the “basket card” onto the matboard for sturdiness. I trimmed the matboard to 3½” x 3½” and adhered it to the front of the caddy.
- I added stickers to the front of the caddy and popped them up with foam squares for added dimension.
- To complete the caddy, add a fun set of colorful pens and a coordinating faux flower stem.