One of my favorite snack combinations is Wine and Popcorn.
It’s great for a casual party or a perfect movie night snack!
For your next party, try personalizing inexpensive Wine Glasses from Dollar Tree*.
Add names to the glasses, and they’ll be no more mixing them up .
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
How to Personalize a Wine Glass with Glitter Vinyl
Materials: (*affiliate link)
- StyleTechCraft Transparent Glitter Vinyl*: 464TG Red*, 460TG Lime* and 499TG Black*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Tool Kit*
- Vinyl Transfer Tape*
- Wine Glass*
- Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine*
- Alcohol Wipe
The great thing about StyleTechCraft Transparent Glitter Vinyl is that it’s the only film in the world that is colored glitter on both the inside and outside.
- The flower and leaves image used on the wine glass was purchased online as a “cut file” from the Silhouette Store.
- Using the Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine*, I resized the flower and leaves image to fit on the front of the wine glass. (Mine was approx. 2 1/2″ x 1 3/4″)
- Lay the vinyl on the cutting mat. (Because my mat is old and not super sticky, I use a piece of removable tape to hold my vinyl on the mat.)
- Set machine on the vinyl setting, cut images out using the Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine*. Cut the image out in red and green adhesive glitter vinyl.
- Use the Weeding Tool, to carefully remove the negative spaces in and around the image.
- Cut a piece of Vinyl Transfer Tape* a little larger than the flower shape.
- Lay the Vinyl Transfer Tape*on top of the flowers. Gently rub over the transfer paper using the vinyl scraper tool to make sure the image has transferred.
- To help the vinyl stick securely to the glass…Wipe the surface of the wine glass with the alcohol wipe to remove any oils.
- Lay transfer paper onto glass. Because the surface is curved, start from the center of the image and rub one side at a time using vinyl scraper tool. The tool allows you to smooth the image and get rid of air bubbles.
- Remove Vinyl Transfer Tape*.
- Center leaves over floral design and repeat process.
Allow the vinyl to cure on the glass for 4 days before using. (Hand Wash Only)
And of course, you’re going to need a cute coaster to go with your wine glass.
- Apply adhesive Silver Glitter Vinyl to the front of a chipboard coaster. Trim around the edge of the coaster with a craft knife.
- Create the words using red and black transparent and apply onto the coaster the same as the wine glass. Enjoy!
Cheers…looks like a Wine and Popcorn kind of night!
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.