I recently got the privilege of attending my sweet nephew Alex’s first birthday.
Since the party was a Robot theme, I decided to make a Mini Robot out of Smoothfoam
to decorate his present.
My little Robot stands approx. 4″ tall.
1. Trim out 6 pieces from the Smoothfoam block with the wire cutter as shown for a body, head, arms and feet. Paint all pieces silver and let dry.
2. Paint a wood skewer silver and cut into two pieces for the legs. Insert between the body and feet with a few drops of glue to secure.
3. Glue the head and arms to the body.
4. Adhere the eyes to the head, and a letter sticker for the child’s first name to the body. Place the letter “I” sideways on the head to create the robot’s mouth.
5. Push two pearl-head pins into the top of the head for antennae, each secured with a drop of glue.