I recently got the privilege of attending my sweet nephew Alex’s first birthday.
Since the party was a Robot theme…
I decided to make a Mini Robot out of Smoothfoam to decorate his present.
Supplies Used for make the robot: (*affiliate link)
- 2″ x 4″ x 8″ Smoothfoam block
- Hot Wire Foam Cutter*
- Silver Paint Pen*
Pearl-head straight pins
- Trim out 6 pieces from the Smoothfoam block with the wire cutter as shown for a body, head, arms and feet. Paint all pieces silver and let dry.
- Paint a wood skewer silver and cut into two pieces for the legs. Insert between the body and feet with a few drops of glue to secure.
- Glue the head and arms to the body.
- Adhere the eyes to the head, and a letter sticker for the child’s first name to the body. Place the letter “I” sideways on the head to create the robot’s mouth.
- Push two pearl-head pins into the top of the head for antennae, each secured with a drop of glue.
My little Robot stands approx. 4″ tall.
This project was created for and sponsored by Smoothfoam.
Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
One thought on “A is for Alex”
Popping in for the blog hop. I’ll try back later.