I recently got the privilege of attending my sweet nephew Alex’s first birthday.
Since the party was a Robot theme…
I decided to make a Mini Robot out of Smoothfoam to decorate his present.
Supplies Used for make the robot: (*affiliate link)
- 2″ x 4″ x 8″ Smoothfoam block
- Hot Wire Foam Cutter*
- Silver Paint Pen*
Pearl-head straight pins
- Trim out 6 pieces from the Smoothfoam block with the wire cutter as shown for a body, head, arms and feet. Paint all pieces silver and let dry.
- Paint a wood skewer silver and cut into two pieces for the legs. Insert between the body and feet with a few drops of glue to secure.
- Glue the head and arms to the body.
- Adhere the eyes to the head, and a letter sticker for the child’s first name to the body. Place the letter “I” sideways on the head to create the robot’s mouth.
- Push two pearl-head pins into the top of the head for antennae, each secured with a drop of glue.
My little Robot stands approx. 4″ tall.
This project was created for and sponsored by Smoothfoam.
Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!