What every Graduate needs. A Smiley Face Graduation Pencil Topper.
And because this little guy’s feeling really special, he needed a bow tie.
To make the Smiley Face Pencil Topper you’ll need:
- 2″ Smoothfoam Ball
- Sanding Block or Fine Sandpaper
- Craft Knife
- Yellow and Black Acrylic Paint
- Black Cardstock or Black Chipboard
- Red Twine
- Black Brad
- Black Gingham Ribbon
- Craft Glue
- Lightly sand ridge from the smoothfoam ball.
- To make the top of the ball flat, cut a small portion from the top of the ball with a craft knife.
- Paint the ball with yellow paint.
- Paint the top portion of ball with black paint and paint on face.
- Bore a hole into the bottom of the ball big enough to fit the pencil.
- Using the red twine, make a small tassel.
- Cut a 2″ square piece of black chipboard.
- Punch a small hole in center of the chipboard. Insert ends of the tassel and black brad.
- Glue Mortarboard onto top of the Smiley Face. Insert onto pencil
- Make a small bow tie from black gingham ribbon and glue onto the front of the pencil.
This project was created for and sponsored by Smoothfoam.
Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!