Happy Holly Days
Christmas is my favorite time of the year,
and this weekend we’re decorating the house for the Holidays!
Being a crafter, I like to make a few new decorations to add to the mix every year.
The black and white buffalo plaid “Merry” letters are a quick Holiday project
made even easier with the help of my Xyron Creative Station®*.
(FYI…make sure to read to the end for a chance at an awesome giveaway)
Materials Used: (*affiliate link)
- Xyron® Creative Station*
- Xyron® 9″ Permanent Adhesive Refill for Creative Station*
- Xyron® Multi Stick Glue Gun*
- 5″ Wood Letters (Michaels Store)
- Wood Board
- DecoArt Black Tie Multi Surface Paint*
- Paint Brush*
- Simple Stories Make It Merry Scrapbook Collection* (black plaid paper)
- Paper Cutter*
- Craft Knife* and Cutting Mat*
- Sanding Block* and Emory Board*
- Gray and Buffalo Plaid Ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
- Greenery* and Red Berries*
- Red Twine* and Jingle Bells*
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- After choosing the word to use, lay and space out the letters. Measure the length of the board that you will need for your base. Cut a groove into the center of the board the thickness of the letters.
- Paint the board and wood letters with black acrylic paint.
- Cut pieces of scrapbook paper that are slightly larger than the letters.
- Place the paper, design side up, into the Xyron® Creative Station*. Turn the handle of the Xyron® Creative Station* to run the paper through the machine. As the paper goes through the machine it adds a complete layer of adhesive to the back of the paper.
- Remove the paper from the backing and stick it directly onto the letters.
- Smooth over the letters to make sure that everything is stuck down.
- Place the letters on a cutting mat* and cut around the letters using a craft knife*.
- Smooth out the rough edges of the letters using a sanding block*. For hard-to-reach areas, an Emory board* works nicely.
- To make the bow, you’ll need approximately 24” of ribbon.
- Fold the ribbon in thirds.
- Gather and wrap red twine around the center of the ribbon a couple of times and tie tightly. Add jingle bell to the twine and tie again.
- To create a pine swag for the front of the letters, gather real or faux pine sprigs and secure them together with wire.
- Use the Xyron® Multi Stick Glue Gun* to attach the bow to the top of the greenery.
It’s a great decoration to add to the mantel or any place that you want to make it Merry.
Just for you…use code CREATIVE 15 for a 15% off discount at Xyron* through 12-31-21.
“Making It Merry with Xyron” is Day 4 of Xyron’s Holly Days.
You won’t want to miss out on Xyron’s Holly Days Giveaway where you have a chance to win more than $900 in prizes for you and your craftiest friend!
There are many ways to enter! Click Here for the Xyron Giveaway.
Must be 18+ years old and live in the United States. Giveaway closes 11:59 pm PT on 12/15/2021. See rules for more details.
One thought on “Making it Merry with Xyron”
great holiday decor and great use of your xyron products