Looking for a yummy Christmas Cookie Recipe?
Here’s the recipe that I’ve used for the past 30 plus years.
The recipe was given to me by my mom on my first Christmas as a new bride.
I have made them every year since. (a family favorite)
Sue’s Sugar Cookies
- 1- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Cream sugar & butter, add egg & flavoring, mix thoroughly.
- Sift dry ingredients together and stir in. (I dump)
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Divide dough in half & roll out on lightly floured pastry sheet.
- Roll thin, but thick enough to pick up the design with the cookie cutters.
- Dip cookie cutter into flour before each cutting. Cut as many cookies from each rolling as possible. The least amount of working with the dough gives the best cookie.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 7 to 8 min. or until delicately golden.
- For the Glaze I dump around a cup of powdered sugar into a bowl. Add a dash of vanilla. Add milk one tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency you want. (hint: not too runny)