One of my husband’s favorite cookie is the Snickerdoodle.
It’s been years since I’ve made them.
Since Valentine’s Day is in a couple days I thought I’d make him some as a Valentine’s surprise.
So what makes these cookies “Valentine Snickerdoodles”?
Nothing more than they’re made with LOVE!
(Oh… and the fact that I substituted red sugar in step #5.)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400º.
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Blend in cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and flour.
- Shape into little balls.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll balls into the sugar/cinnamon mix and place on ungreased cookie sheet approx. 2″ apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.