Today, I’ve teamed up with Walnut Hollow and Kunin Felt, both eco friendly companies,
with some fun projects for Spring.
For my projects I used Walnut Hollow’s: (*affiliate links)
- To start, I gave all the wood pieces a light sanding with a fine grit sandpaper.
- I painted all three pieces with FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Furniture & Craft Paint in Sheepskin*
- Using removable painters tape, I masked off the area on the hinged sign that I wanted for the chalkboard. I painted it with Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Chalkboard Acrylic Craft Paint*.
- To add light pink stripes on my pieces, I mixed Sheepskin Chalk paint with FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Furniture & Craft Paint in Imperial*.
- Once all the pieces were dry, I gave them another light sanding for a slightly distressed look.
- I die-cut flower and letter shapes using Rainbow ClassicFelt™ in Baby Pink, Candy Pink, Fushia, Neon Green and White.
I added Eco-Friendly tableware consisting of Bio-degradable cutlery and Bamboo plates.
Did you know?
Walnut Hollow has always been a huge advocate of environmental sustainability within the art, craft and hobby industry. Walnut Hollow has a strong commitment to environmental initiatives by preserving natural resources through their raw material consumption practices, production processes and recycling activities as well as maintaining an active involvement in the community.
Kunin Felt is made from Eco-fi,® a high-quality fiber made from 100% post-consumer recycled and BPA-free plastic bottles.
Earth Day is April 22nd. Let’s make a difference.
Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!