Today I’m sharing a couple of Fun & Easy Felt Projects that is sure to make her smile.
I was recently sent a variety of felt from Kunin along with some great glues from Beacon Adhesives and buttons from Buttons Galore & More for a Designer Craft Connection September Blog Hop.
I love working with felt. It’s easy to cut, inexpensive and you can make so many cute projects.
My First Project is a cute little dress up purse made with just three pieces of felt.
- Glue the edges of two pieces of felt together with Fabri Tac glue from Beacon Adhesives.
- Fold over in thirds and glue sides together. (see above picture) Binder clips works great to keep everything secure while drying.
- Glue a piece of lace to the underneath side of the felt flap.
- Cut a button-hole and sew on a big black button.
- Cut 8 small petal shapes from Black Glitterfelt™.
- Simply quick stitch the petals together. (see above picture)
- Gather both ends of the thread together and tie with a knot.
- Glue a Fancy Button from Buttons Galore & More into the center to finish off the flower. My button was originally gold. I used a silver paint pen on my button to make it silver.
- Glue finished flower onto flap of purse.
- Punch a couple of holes on each side of the purse with a Crop-a-dile punch and string black cording for the handle.
Did you know that you can easily die-cut felt?
The love heart pillow was made using White Classicfelt™ and Princess Hearts Fancifelt™ with a large heart die and alphabet dies. One side of the heart has the white felt, the other has the Princess Hearts felt. I cut one of the small hearts from the Princess Hearts felt to use as my “o”. The pink flower on top was made the same as the above black glitter flower except that I used 6 petals instead of 8.
If you’ve made it all the way down to here then you deserve a chance to win a prize:
Make sure to click on the rafflecopter link (below) for your chance to win a fabulous product prize from Kunin Felt, Beacon Adhesives and Buttons Galore & More – valued at over $100.
And for more Fun Felt Inspiration click on the Designer Craft Connection Blog Hop link on the right side of my blog to start hopping.