A bedroom makeover for a couple of boys obsessed with all things Super Mario Bros.
My daughter-in-law has been hard at work transitioning her oldest son into his new tween room
and the younger boys into a new bedroom together.
Since the boys are obsessed with all things Super Mario Bros.,
she decided to create a Super Mario Bros. Inspired Bedroom.
She had everything planned out but only needed help with one thing.
She wanted super large letters for the wall. (She figured I was the person to ask.)
To make the Super Mario Bros. inspired letters…
- I used StyleTechCraft’s Matte Removeable Vinyl*.
- Cut the letters using a Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine* and the Marvel Bros. font purchased from the Silhouette Store. I sized the letters to 6″ tall and offset them with a black border.
Products used to make the letters:
- StyleTechCraft Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, and Black Matte Removeable Vinyl*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Transfer Tape*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Tool Kit*
- Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine*
- Marvel Bros. Font from The Silhouette Store
StyletechCraft products brought to you by ATSM Craft*
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Place the cut vinyl letters onto the slightly larger black letters using the Vinyl Transfer Tape*.
- The room was painted “Big Sky Country” with Dutch Boy’s Duraclean Paint, in eggshell.
- Use a strip of removable blue painter’s tape* as a guide to place the letters.
- Leave the paper backing on the back of the black letters. Cut around the letters and place them on the wall with the blue painter’s tape*.
- Gently rub over the letters with the vinyl scraper tool to ensure the letters have stuck to the vinyl transfer tape.
- Carefully peel up the transfer tape, keeping the transfer tape in place, and remove the paper backing from the letter.
- Rub over the letter to help it stick to the wall.
For even more Super Mario Bros. Fun…
- My daughter-in-law used decals and Super Mario Bros. characters hand cut from the wallpaper to create the decorations around the room.
- She trimmed the white outline off the decals and cut out by hand the characters from the wallpaper.
- She also added Big Clouds Vinyl Wall Clouds* around the room. She added eyes and smiles to a few of the clouds with a sharpie pen.
- The room wouldn’t be complete without Super Mario Bros. Comforters*, Pillows, and of course their favorite “stuffies”. (Unbelievably, I know quite a few of their names.)
I was there when the boys saw the finished room for the first time.
One of them exclaimed “it’s like a whole level of Super Mario World”.
They were a little excited! (Good Job, Mom!)
Click on pictures below for the products used to create the Super Mario Bros. Inspired Bedroom.
- New Super Mario Bros. White Peel and Stick Wallpaper*
- Big Clouds Vinyl Wall Clouds*
- Super Mario Bros. Wall Decals Build a Scene Wall Stickers*
- Super Mario Bros. Twin Bedding*
- Super Mario Bros. Twin Comforter*
- Super Mario Bros. Yoshi Pillow Buddy*
- Your Zone Planet Power Grommet Kids Blackout Curtains*