Opal Vinyl Butterfly Card
Creating a little Shimmer and Shine with this Iridescent Butterfly Card.
The Butterfly Card was made using StyleTechCraft’s Opal Vinyl.
StyleTechCraft’s Opal Vinyl comes in 9 amazing colors.
I love how the Opal Vinyl shimmers and changes as you move it with the light.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
- StyleTechCraft Opal Vinyl: Blue, Pink, Amber, and Green*
- StyleTechCraft Black Craft Vinyl*
- Butterfly SVG file from The Silhouette Store
- Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die-Cutting Machine*
- StyleTechCraft Clear Transfer Tape*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Tool Kit*
- White Cardstock*
- Small Thin 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L*
- Turquoise Double Dot Paper
- Xyron Tape Runner*
- Dotted Embossing Folder*
- Fine Black Deco Color Paint Marker*
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
Opal Vinyl Butterfly Card Tips:
- For this card, I used the Butterfly SVG file from the Silhouette Store.
- I wanted to give the butterflies dimension on this card. So, I adhered the opal vinyl onto white cardstock before cutting out the butterflies using a Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die-Cutting Machine*.
- When cutting out the butterflies, I set my machine on heavy cardstock and used “3 passes” to cut out the butterflies.
- Cut the butterflies using several shades of opal vinyl. Place the butterflies into a Dotted Embossing Folder, run the embossing folder through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine*.
- Use a fine tip black deco color paint marker* to add black dots over the embossed dots.
- Place Small Thin 3D Foam Squares* onto the back of each butterfly and place them onto the white butterfly outline.
- Cut the white and blue butterfly outline using the Butterfly SVG file using the Silhouette Cameo*.
- I used Thin 3D Foam Squares* under the white layer to give the card extra dimension.
- Cut the words “Happy Birthday” out of black craft vinyl and adhere the greeting onto the bottom of the card using Vinyl Transfer Tape*.
- Tie a simple white sheer ribbon to finish off this Summery Card.