Welcome Autumn Pillow
I have been wanting to use vinyl to create a stencil for a while now.
It was really simple to do and I’m in love with the results.
If you have craft vinyl and an electronic die-cutting machine*,
then you can make a stencil too.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
Materials Used: (*affiliate link)
- StyleTechCraft Craft Vinyl*
- StyleTechCraft Weeding Pen*
- StyleTechCraft Transfer Paper*
- Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine*
- Welcome Autumn SVG file from The Silhouette Store
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
- Cream Fabric
- Sewing Machine*
- Fairfield Fiber Poly-Fil*
StyletechCraft products brought to you by ATSM Craft*
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
How to make a Welcome Autumn Pillow using a Craft Vinyl Stencil:
- For my pillow, I used off-white fabric that I purchased at a garage sale several years ago. I cut two panels 15″ x 15″.
- I created the stencil pattern using the “Welcome Autumn” SVG file and my Silhouette. I sized the image to fit onto my fabric panels.
- I cut the image using StyleTechCraft Craft Vinyl*. (I originally tried using removable vinyl on my fabric, but it wasn’t quite tacky enough and a little hard to apply.)
- To create the stencil, remove the letters and the leaves from the vinyl, leaving a reverse image.
- Use a low-tack transfer paper to transfer the vinyl onto the fabric.
- Make sure that the stencil is securely stuck to the fabric to eliminate paint seepage.
- Place a piece of paper behind the fabric panel to protect your work surface.
- Paint the leaves using a small paint brush and a variety of acrylic paint in Autumn colors.
- Paint the words “welcome Autumn using black acrylic paint.
- After the paint has dried, carefully remove the stencil.
- I may have squealed a bit when I removed the stencil. It is perfectly imperfect, and I love how it turned out!
- Iron over the fabric to set the design.
- Sew the sides of the pillow and stuff it with fiber poly-fil*.
Welcome Autumn Door Hanger
I liked how it turned out so much that I decided to make a Welcome Autumn Door Hanger.
You can find plain wood circles on Amazon* in a variety of sizes.
2 thoughts on “How to make a Welcome Autumn Pillow using craft vinyl to make the Stencil”
Wow! That looks so fantastic!
Hi new here. That’s super cute. I wondered how vinyl stencils were made.