How to Make a Reusable Fox Canvas Gift Bag.
I recently received some beautiful suede ribbon and embroidered patches from Gwen Studios
to create with. After rummaging through a “box of stuff” and finding a piece of canvas material,
I decided to make a reusable canvas gift bag.
Gwen Studios Ribbon is Available at Walmart.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Gwen Studios. I have been provided product in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
- 10″ x 14″ Canvas Material
- Sewing Machine
- Embroidered Iron On Fox Patch (Gwen Studios)
- 24″ of 3/8″ Black Double Face Satin Ribbon (Gwen Studios)
- 14″ of 5/16″ Black Suede Ribbon with Stars (Gwen Studios)
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive*
- Twine, Tag and Brass Leaf Embellishment
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Fold-down the top of the canvas (lengthways) approx. 1″ and sew a seam across the top leave a 3/4″ pocket.
- Fold the canvas in half and sew the remaining three sides closed.
- Trim excess canvas and turn the canvas inside out to reveal the bag.
- Sew or glue the suede ribbon on the bottom of the bag.
- Iron Fox Embroidered Patch onto the front of the canvas using an iron set on the cotton setting.
- Cover the embroidery with a damp cloth and iron for 60 seconds.
- Turn bag over and iron until dry.
- Cut two small slits on the top pocket of the bag on each end.
- Cut two 24″ pieces of black satin ribbon.
- Attach a small safety pin to the end of a piece of ribbon. Thread the ribbon through the top of the bag, remove the safety pin, and knot the ribbon.
- On the opposite end of the bag, thread the second piece of ribbon through.
- Pull both ends of the ribbon to gather and close the bag.
- Cut two small layered tags out of burlap and cardstock.
- Stamp or handwrite a small greeting onto the tag.
- Tie the tags along with a small brass embellishment onto the top of the bag with twine.
The reusable canvas bag is a simple project to make for all seasons.