Here are 10 things you may or may not know about me. (in no particular order)
1. I have lived in the Mid-West all my life. I love it here, I love everything about it. (Well maybe not this last winter. But even that’s becoming a distant memory.) The Midwest’s home. It’ll be a hard sell to get me to ever move away.
2. My Favorite kind of Vacation is a “Beach Vacation”. One of my favorite things to do is to sit on the beach under a beach umbrella, listen to music and read a book. (Getting to the beach from the Midwest can be a challenge.)
3. My favorite color is RED. Anyone who knows me even a little bit has probably guessed this already. Even though I don’t wear the color red often, I love the color red. I think every room in the house needs a pop of red. I even collect Red Toile dishes.
4. I am a middle child. (No, I don’t have a problem with that.) I am one of 5 kids, 4 girls, raised in a very small ranch house with only one bathroom. Funny thing, I don’t remember that being a big issue at the time. (at least not for me.) Bonus Trivia: my husband is also a middle child, 4 boys, one girl.
5. I met my husband in Hawaii while on Spring Break. One of us may have been a flirt. Long story for another day. (Bet that has you wondering.)
6. I was always a shy and quiet kid. I never would have guessed that I would love sharing and teaching my projects to groups. It’s easy when you’re doing something you enjoy.
7. I don’t embrace change well. My family will agree on this one. New things scare me and make me nervous. I had to be talked into getting a microwave in the 80’s and cable television, don’t get me started. I’ve had the same flip phone for years and don’t plan on getting a new one until it dies. Don’t ask me to text, I don’t text and don’t want too. The letters are too small and my fingers too big. (even my 83-year-old dad texts)
8. I am not an artist. I do, however, consider myself a creative person. I did take art classes all through high school and even in college. I enjoy art even though I can’t draw. One thing I’ve learned about art is that there are all kinds of art and art is subjective. One of the reasons I enjoy Paper Crafting so much is that I can be creative and make small little masterpieces that make me happy. When I was a kid I loved doing all kinds of crafts. At a very young age, I even had a thriving candle business for a while. (or least I thought I did) FYI: I don’t like being called “crafty”. I am “creative”.
9. I love flowers. I enjoy photographing them, growing them in containers and in gardens. Flowers make me happy. I love Springtime when I can make all those treks to the Garden Shop and pick all my flowers to plant. My favorite flowers are daisies, roses and hydrangea. Wouldn’t they look lovely in a vase together?
10. My Family is Everything to me. Last but definitely not least is my family. One of the most important things in my life is my family. I have three wonderful children, a loving husband, two adorable grandsons, great daughter and son in-laws, sweet father, fun siblings, in-laws, nieces and nephews. All who mean the world to me. Family is Everything! I love my crazy family.
Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!