No matter how you decorate for the Holidays…Shabby, Homespun, Country or Cute.
You can easily customize these Mini Ribbon Wreath Ornaments to fit your personal style.
Easy to make and sure to impress.
The Mini Ribbon Wreath Ornaments were designed by me (Sue Eldred) and created for and sponsored by Craft Ideas Magazine’s 2015 Holiday Issue. (pg. 46 & 47)
How To make Mini Ribbon Wreath Ornaments
Finished Size : 3”
- Smoothfoam 2 7/16” x 1/2” Round Wreath or Canning Jar Ring
- 3 yards of Ribbon (1/4” or 3/8”)
- 1/8″ Scor-Tape*
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive*
- Jingle Bell and Jump Ring
- Adhesive Pearls
- Mini Bottle Brush Trees
- Computer Generated Greeting printed on Cream Card-stock
- Burlap or Scrapbook Paper Backing
- Thin Metallic Trim for Hanging
- Apply a strip of 1/8″ adhesive around the outside edge of the Smoothfoam wreath. This keeps the ribbon securely in place while wrapping.
- Wrap ribbon tightly around wreath. When you’ve wrapped the ribbon half way around wreath add the jump ring with jingle bell to ribbon so that it hangs on the bottom of the wreath and continue wrapping. When finished wrapping the ribbon, glue ribbon end onto back of wreath.
- Add metallic ribbon trim on top of the wreath as the ornament hanger.
- Glue mini bottle brush tree inside wreath.
- Glue a piece of burlap or scrapbook paper onto a piece of chipboard and cut into a circle that will cover the inside of the wreath and glue to the back of the wreath.
- Print a computer generated greeting on to a piece of cream card-stock. Cut down to size and notch out both ends to create a banner.
- Give the banner a quick wave using your fingers and glue onto the bottom of the wreath.
- Add adhesive pearls on to the wreath.
- Add bow on the top of the wreath to finish it off.
*Disclaimer: This post uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!