Ready for some good old fashioned fun?
How about a snowball fight?
If you’re not loving the cold…
Here’s a snowball fight you can have while snuggling up inside.
Here’s what’s you’ll need: (*amazon affiliate link)
- Smoothfoam Snowman Body
- 6″ x 1″ Smoothfoam Disc
- 1″ Smoothfoam Balls (I used 12)
- 2″ Smoothfoam Ball
- DecoArt DAS9-22 Snow-Tex*
- DecoArt Craft Twinkles Paint, Crystal*
- Tonic Studios Tim Holtz 372 Retractable Craft Pick*
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Vintage Photo*
- Stipple Brush*
- Palette Knife and Craft Knife
- Craft Glue
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive*
- Toothpicks, Bamboo Skewer and Sticks
- Fabric Scraps, Micro Brads, Paint Markers
- Cut the 2″ Smoothfoam ball in half. Cut the top off the rounded side of one of the balls.
- Poke two holes into the bottom of the Snowman body using the craft pick. Break a toothpick in half, dip ends into craft glue and insert in holes. Attach the sliced ball onto the Snowman body.
- Apply Snow-tex with palette knife over the newly formed Snowman and the 6″ disc. Allow both to dry fully.
- To Create a Snowball Wall… Poke holes into the 1″ balls with the craft pick. Insert toothpick halves with craft glue on the ends into balls. Build wall by sticking the balls together.
- Apply Snow-tex onto wall using the palette knife. (Allow to dry.)
- Create scene by attaching snowman and wall onto the disc. Reinforce the pieces with toothpicks and craft glue.
- For a shimmery snowy glow…paint all the pieces with Crystal Craft Twinkles paint. (Allow to fully dry.)
- Add shadows to the snowman and snowballs by gently applying vintage photo ink using a stipple brush.
- To Create the Snowman Hat… Measure and cut fabric to fit around snowman head. Fold over and glue one of the long edges of the fabric to create a brim. Glue fabric ends together to create a tube. Tie top of the tube with a piece of string, cut excess fabric off top of the tube and fray the ends by making small cuts with the scissors. Glue to the top of the Snowman head.
- Add arms to the Snowman using small twigs. Warm him up with a fabric scarf and mittens cut from the fabric scraps.
- For the Snowman’s Face… Use two small black micro brads inserted into the snowman face for the eyes. Paint the tip of a bamboo skewer with orange paint, cut and insert into the face for the nose. Add a smile to the snowman’s face using a extra fine black paint marker.
- Make a small snowball using a small pieced of paper wadded up and covered with Snow-tex. Glue finished and dried snowball onto mitten.
This project was created for and sponsored by Smoothfoam the crafter’s foam.
Shop Amazon Scrapbooking Supplies*
Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!