I occasionally submit cards and projects to various magazines for publication.
In return I sometimes get a small check.
Usually, the check comes several months later after I’ve completely forgotten all about it.
So…when I opened this check and saw the handwritten note on the stub,
I thought (gee) that’s kind of a personal message.
It had me scratching my head…
That was until I remembered the name of the card. (silly me)
My “Love Ya” Card was featured in Crafts Ideas Winter Edition.
“Love Ya” Card…
A sweet card for Valentine’s Day or any day you want to spread a little love.
- AdornIt Art Play Paintables: 22646 Love You Paintable
- AdornIt Blender Basics: 22480 Blue Chevron 12 x 12
- AdornIt Blender Basics: 22504 Red Chevron 12 x 12
- Denim Fabric (Canvas Corp Brands)
- Red and White Gingham Ribbon
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Fired Brick, Victorian Velvet, Stormy Sky
- Tombow Markers: #969 Chocolate, #553 Mist Purple, #850 Flesh, #800 Baby Pink
- 1/8” Score Tape
- Mini Glue Dots
- Piece of Acetate
On the card, I used a simple watercolor technique that uses ink from markers and inkpads and uses a small piece of acetate as the palette. By scribbling directly onto the piece of acetate with the marker or by applying the ink directly from the pad, I have a variety of rich color to watercolor with. I simply color in the image using the water-brush.
- Cut “love you” image from the Art Play Paintable Sheet leaving a thin white border. (approx. 2 3/4” x 3 3/4”)
- Give the background of the image a light watercolor wash using ink from the Stonewashed Adirondack inkpad and the #553 Mist Purple marker.
- Watercolor the girl’s hair using the #969 Chocolate marker. Color in the face with #850 Flesh marker. Highlight the cheeks with #800 Baby Pink marker. Watercolor the leaves with Peeled Paint ink and color the center of the flower with #993 Chrome Orange.
- Watercolor the skirt with Victorian Velvet inkpad and the top and hearts with Fired Brick ink.
- Adhere image onto a 3 1/4” x 4 1/4” piece of the Red Chevron plain side.
- Adhere those layers onto a 3 1/2” x 4 1/2” Blue Chevron layer.
- Cut a piece of denim fabric 4” x 5 1/4”, adhere onto a 4 1/2” x 5 3/4” card using scoretape. Adhere layers onto denim using score-tape.
- Add four heart buttons to each side of the layers using mini glue dots.
- Tie a red gingham bow around the front of the card.
10 thoughts on “Love You?”
How cute! Congratulations! That’s funny about the invoice. 🙂
Thanks, I thought so too.
Nice job. Using the inks that way really adds to the overall design. Like your blue heart buttons too.
Wow beautiful card – I love this sort of stuff ! 🙂
Thank You. Thanks for the new follow. 🙂
Sue, what a great card! It’s so unique! Just love it
Aww this was such a sweet post. Someone obviously loves ya!!