Sometimes in the midst of all my creative endeavors and the business of everyday life,
when I need a break from all the seriousness.
I like to stop and make something fun and a little bit silly.
It’s one of my ways of procrastinating.
Honestly, I would never invite real ants to a BBQ, but, this one is dressed up, too cute and
ready for a party. (a great little conversation starter)
To make a Party Ant you’ll need a few supplies…
- Three 1″ Smoothfoam Balls
- Black Acrylic Paint and Paintbrush
- Craft Glue
- Bamboo Skewers (or small dowel rods)
- Wire and Wire Tools
- Adhesive Pearls (or googly eyes)
- 1″ Round Piece of Scrapbook Paper
- Tiny Black Pom Pom
- Dip the end of the bamboo skewers into craft glue and insert into the balls.
- Paint balls with black acrylic paint.
- After the paint has dried, cut the ends of the skewers approx. 3/4″, dip into glue and attach body and head of the ant together.
- Cut six 1″ pieces of wire, bend the ends as show, dip in craft glue and insert into body of the ant.
- Cut two more 1″ pieces of wire and curl the top of the wire with wire tools before inserting them into the head of the ant for the antennas.
- Add two black dots to the center of the adhesive pearls to use as the eyes.
- Punch a 1″ circle from decorative scrapbook paper, cut a notch from the circle and glue together to form a party hat. Glue onto the top of the ant. Top off the hat with a teeny tiny pom pom.
- Cut a strip of adhesive pearls to use as a necklace.
Mine is fairly small, but, wouldn’t a giant one make a cute centerpiece? (think real big!)
*Disclaimer: This post uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!