Shake things up this Valentine’s Day with a cute Simple Heart Shaker Card
made with the Simple Heart Shaker Die Set from The Maker’s Movement.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for The Maker’s Movement. I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The view and opinions are my own.
Materials Used: (*affiliate link)
- M12982 Simple Heart Shaker Die Set
- M12913 Always & Forever 6″ x 6″ Paper Pad
- MOD287 Nested Scalloped Square Frames
- MVD206 Foam Cutter -Squares
- MMT211 Double Sided Adhesive Foam
- MMT212 Clear Acetate Sheet
- Sweetheart Shaker Sprinkles
- Crossover II Die-Cutting System*
- Xyron Creative Station*
- Xyron Tape Runner*
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Thin 3D Foam Squares*
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
How to make a Simple Heart Shaker Card
- Start with a 5″ x 5″ white card base.
- Die-cut the pieces for the shaker element using the Always & Forever paper pad.
- Cut 3¼” x 3¼” piece of striped paper, die-cut the heart shape in the center of the striped paper.
- Cut a 3¼” x 3¼” piece of Valentine’s words.
- Die-cut a silver heart border using silver adhesive vinyl or silver cardstock.
- Die-cut a pink gingham frame using the scalloped frame die.
- To create the dimensional rose on the front of the card, “fussy cut” a large and small rose from the rose background paper found in the paper pad.
- Place a small a thin 3D foam square* under both roses and adhere the smaller rose to the top of the larger rose.
- Adhere the scalloped gingham frame to the front of the striped paper with the heart cut-out.
- Cut a 3¼” x 3¼” piece of clear acetate. Remove the protective coating off of the acetate and adhere to the back of the heart-opening.
- Adhere the silver heart border to the front of the acetate inside the heart-opening.
- Die-cut the adhesive craft foam using the square foam cutter die. You’ll need to use one that is larger than the heart-opening.
- Adhere the craft foam square to the back of the acetate.
- Cut a 4½” x 4½” rose background layer and adhere to the center of the white card.
- Adhere the Valentine words layer to the center of the rose background layer.
- The easiest way to add the shaker sprinkles is to place the sprinkles onto the middle of the valentine words layer. Remove the protective coating from the back of the foam square frame and place the layers over the shaker sprinkles and onto the white card.
- Adhere the dimensional rose to the front of the card at the top of the heart.
- Cut the tiny words “You are the best” using the Valentine’s word paper and adhere to the bottom of the gingham frame.
- Add valentine’s greeting (found in the Always & Forever paper pad) to the inside of the card.