Happy Valentine’s Day Slimline Card
I’m jumping on the Slimline Card Craze with the help of the New Slimline Essentials Die Set
from The Maker’s Movement.
What’s a Slimline Card?
Basically, a Slimline Card is a tall card that fits into a business-size envelope.
The Slimline Essentials Die Set takes all the guesswork out of cutting the layers and makes
assembling your card a breeze.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for the Maker’s Movement. I have been provided product
and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The view and opinions are my own.
Materials Used: (*affiliate link)
- M12197 Slimline Essentials
- MVD206 Foam Cutter Squares
- MOD274-DO Special Delivery Die Set (love die)
- M12166 You’re My Jam Stamp & Die Set (flower die)
- Crossover II Die-Cutting System*
- MMT212 Clear Acetate Sheets
- MMT211 Double Sided Adhesive Foam
- Shaker Heart Sprinkles
- 14302 Simple Stories Sweet Talk Collection: You’re My Type* (hearts)
- 14306 Simple Stories Sweet Talk Collection: Will you be Mine* (dots)
- Cardstock: White, and Crimson Red*
- Xyron Tape Runner*
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Die-cut all the layers for the card using the Slimline Essentials Die.
- Cut three white scalloped squares.
- Center the small square die in the middle of the scallop square. Put a small piece of washi tape over the die to keep it in place. Die-cut to create a small scalloped frame.
- Place a piece of double-sided craft foam onto the square foam cutter die to cut small foam squares to use under the scallop frames.
To Create a Center Shaker Element.
- Adhere a small piece of clear acetate to fit over the opening of the frame.
- Because the foam frames didn’t match the frame I created, I cut the foam frames on the corners and placed them over the acetate.
- Using only red and white heart sprinkles, fill the inside of the frame with the sprinkles. Be careful not to overfill so that there is room to shake.
- Remove the protective lining on the foam and place a small piece of scrapbook paper over the foam.
- Embellish the front of the card using hearts popped up with double-sided adhesive foam and the word “love” die-cut using the “Special Delivery” die set.
I love a clean and simple monochromatic card. (and so much fun to make)