Create a Beachy Votive with a few Dollar Store treasures.
A cheap and easy beachy decoration.
A great way to display those small shells collected on vacation.
I purchased the Parmesan Cheese Shaker* and a Flameless Candle Votive*
- Parmesan Cheese Shaker*
- Battery Operated Flameless LED Votive Candle*
- Small Shells
- 15″ Heavy Guage Wire
- Wire Cutter*
- Needle Nose Pliers*
- DecoArt Glass Paint Marker, White*
- 1/2″ Burlap Ribbon
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive*
On the bottom of the Parmesan Shaker, create the look of waves with the DecoArt Glass Paint Marker, White*.
- Wrap wire around a pencil for a spiral handle.
- Using the needle nose pliers, make a small loop on each end of the wire.
- Find two small shells with natural holes on the end. Tie them together with a small piece of string.
- Thread burlap ribbon through both looped ends of the wire and tie around the top of the parmesan shaker. Add shells on string as you knot the ribbon.
- Glue top of broken shell onto the knot of the burlap ribbon with Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive*.
- Add approx. 1″ of sand into the parmesan shaker. Add small votive and shells.