A Quick and Easy, DIY, Valentine’s Decoration or Gift.
The “Love Coaster with Easel” is one the projects that I made at the Tape Technologies
booth while at Creativation last week.
To make the Love Coaster… (*affiliate link)
- You can use Plain White Square Coasters* or…I made my scalloped coaster using a steel rule die and white chipboard.
- Cut a heart out of Translucent Red Glittered Vinyl from Tape Technologies using a thin metal die. Apply the glitter heart to the coaster using a transfer paper made for vinyl.
- Using my Silhouette CAMEO 3 Wireless Cutting Machine*, I cut the word “love” out of Black Glittered Translucent Vinyl and applied it directly over my heart using transfer paper.
- I edged the sides of my coaster in silver, using a Silver DecoColor Premium paint pen*.
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
To make the Easel…
- Glue a clothespin on the back of the coaster with craft glue.
- Pull the clothespin open just enough so that the round metal spring comes slightly out of it’s groove. (Some clothespins work better than others so you might need a little luck.)
- To keep the clothespin from snapping shut…glue the top ends of the clothespin together.
A couple of guys at the show made theirs into a Valentine’s card.
I told them all they had to do was add a sweet note inside and they were set.
Maybe I should of told them including flowers and chocolates is also a good idea.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.