A Quick and Easy, DIY, Valentine’s Decoration or Gift.
The “Love Coaster with Easel” is one of the projects that I made at the StyleTechCraft
booth while at Creativation last week.
Everyone loved how easy it is to make an easel using a clothespin.
Materials Used: (*affiliate link)
- Mat Board Square Coasters*
- Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine*
- Heart and Love SVG File from the Silhouette Store
- Red Ultra Metallic Vinyl from StyleTechCraft*
- Black Glossy Craft Vinyl from StyleTechCraft*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Tool Kit*
- StyleTechCraft Clear Transfer Tape*
- Silver Leaf Paint Pen*
- Wooden Clothespins*
- Rapid Fuse Adhesive*
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
To make the Love Coaster…
- You can use Plain White Square Coasters* or…I made my scalloped coaster using a steel rule die and white chipboard.
- Cut a heart out of Translucent Red Glittered Vinyl from Tape Technologies using a thin metal die. Apply the glitter heart to the coaster using a transfer paper made for vinyl.
- Using my Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine*, I cut the word “love” out of Black Glittered Translucent Vinyl and applied it directly over my heart using transfer paper.
- I edged the sides of my coaster in silver, using a Silver Leaf Paint Pen*.
To make the Easel…
- Glue a Wooden Clothespin* on the back of the coaster with Rapid Fuse Adhesive*.
- Pull the clothespin open just enough so that the round metal spring comes slightly out of its groove. (Some clothespins work better than others so you might need a little luck.)
- To keep the clothespin from snapping shut…glue the top ends of the clothespin together.
A couple of guys at the show made theirs into Valentine’s cards.
I told them all they had to do was add a sweet note inside and, they were set.
Maybe I should have told them including flowers and chocolates is also a good idea.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.