A Dollar Store DIY
Turn an inexpensive Dollar Tree wood tray* into a cute little washi tape holder.
Just add Mod Podge and Decorative Tissue Paper for a quick and easy project.
I found this cute little wood tray the other day at Dollar Tree and I thought it was
the perfect size to hold a small collection of Washi Tape.
(I’m so happy that Dollar Tree is bringing in more craft supplies.)
- Small Wood Tray from Dollar Tree*
- Mod Podge*
- Mod Podge Brushes*
- Acrylic Paint: Dark Scarlet*, White Birch*
- Patterned Tissue Paper
- Sanding Block* and Small Emory Board*
- Lightly sand the surface of the tray with the sanding block to smooth.
- Paint the outside with white birch paint and the inside with dark scarlet.
- Cut the tissue paper into 3″ strips. Working one side at a time, apply Mod Podge* to the side of the tray. Apply and gently smooth tissue paper. Apply tissue paper to all four sides. Allow Mod Podge* to dry.
- Use a Sanding Block* on the edges of the tray to gently remove the extra tissue paper.
- Use a Small Emory Board* to gently remove the extra tissue paper from the small opening.
- Apply one or two coats of mod podge over the tissue paper to seal.
With so many unique patterns of tissue paper available you should be able to easily
find the perfect pattern to decoupage your little tray.
The wood tray measures approximately 5″ x 7″ and can hold several rolls of Washi Tape.
2 thoughts on “Dollar Store DIY-Washi Tape Holder”
What a great idea. Thanks
Cool idea! This turned out great.😀