DIY Color Changing Mugs.
How to take ordinary mugs from the Dollar Store and create a colorful surprise for your Summer table.
A fun project using StyleTechCraft’s Cold Color Changing Vinyl.
For this project, I’m thinking Summer and a nice ice-cold mug of Strawberry Lemonade.
- StyleTechCraft’s Cold Pink Color Changing Vinyl*
- StyleTechCraft’s Cold Blue Color Changing Vinyl*
- StyleTechCraft’s Cold Purple Color Changing Vinyl*
- StyleTechCraft Clear Transfer Tape*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Tool Kit*
- Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine*
- “Cute Flowers” SVG File from the Silhouette Store
- Glass Mugs from Dollar Tree*
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Using the “Cute Flowers” SVG file and the Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine* size and cut the flowers out of cold pink and cold blue vinyl to fit on the side of the mug.
- Cut a piece of Vinyl Transfer Tape* to fit over the vinyl image. Gently rub over the transfer paper using the squeegee tool.
- Remove the vinyl from the white liner, center the image on the front of the mug.
- Gently rub over the Vinyl Transfer Tape* to make sure all the image has transferred. Remove the transfer tape.
The flower pattern on the mug (before changing) has a subtle etched glass appearance.
Imagine their surprise when the pattern changes right before their eyes.
A fun complement to Summer.
What would you make with color changing vinyl?
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.