DIY Chalkboard with Adornit…
The Floral Chalkboard makes a fun decorative Home Décor piece and is really easy to make.
To make the Floral Chalkboard you’ll need… (*affiliate link)
- 2 Sheets of Chica Blooms 12″ x 12″ Scrapbook Paper from ADORNit*
- Bracket Shaped Wood Surface Set*
- Mod Podge Waterbase Sealer, Glue and Finish*
- Black Chalkboard Paint*
- Marvy DecoColor Fine Point Paint Marker, White*
- X-ACTO Knife*
- Cutting Mat*
- DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint, Cotton Ball*
- Deco Art Americana Decor Stencil, 6″ by 8″, Inspiration*
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Vintage Photo*
- Ink Blending Tool*
- Beacon Quick Grip All-Purpose Permanent Adhesive*
- Adhesive Pearls Stickers, White/Ivory/Cream*
- Natural Jute Twine*
- Craft Scissors*
- Apply an even coat of Mod Podge* over the larger Wood Bracket shape*. Lay decorative scrapbook paper over shape and smooth with your hand.
2. Using an x-acto knife and cutting mat, cut excess paper away from the Wood Bracket*.
5. Stencil the words “be Happy” onto the chalkboard using white acrylic paint and the Deco Art Americana Decor Stencil, Inspiration*.
6. Cut a few flower shapes using the second sheet of scrapbook paper. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge* to the back of the flowers and glue to the front of the chalkboard. Add decorative pearl embellishments to the inside of the flowers.
7. Glue chalkboard to the front of the floral base using Beacon’s Quick Grip All-Purpose Permanent Adhesive*.
8. Drill two holes on the top of the chalkboard and add Twine* for hanging.
If you liked the Floral Chalkboard, you might also like the DIY Bloom Floral Plaque.
You can see the full tutorial here.
Don’t Miss a Thing…Make Sure to Follow me
*Disclosure: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!