To make my Snowflake Hair Bow you’ll need:
- 16″ Single Face Satin Ribbon Tranquil Blue 7/8″
- 14″ Single Face Satin Ribbon Tranquil Blue 3/8″
- 48″ Arabesque, Wired Edge – White 5/8″
- 16″ Single Face Satin – Navy 1/4″
- Metal Barrette Base
- Needle, Thread, Scissors
- White Button
- White Snowflake Brad
- Fabri-tac Adhesive Glue
- Tsukineko StazOn Midi Ink Pad, Blue Hawaii
- Cut four 4″ pieces of 7/8″ Tranquil Blue Ribbon and four 4″ pieces of the Arabesque Ribbon.
- Remove wire from the Arabesque ribbon. (white sheer)
- Cut four 3 1/2″ pieces of 3/8″ Tranquil Blue Ribbon and four 3 1/2″ pieces of Navy Satin.
- Thread needle and thread, tie with a knot leaving a long tail.
- Lay the 4″ white sheer ribbon over the 7/8″ Tranquil Blue Ribbon, fold the ribbon in half and stitch together with a simple running stitch.
- Lay the 3 1/2″ Navy Ribbon over the 3/8″ Tranquil Blue ribbon, fold the ribbon in half and add with a simple running stitch to the first section of ribbon.
- Continue stitching ribbon sections together. (as shown in the picture above)
- Gather both ends of the thread, pull the ribbon together and tie with a knot.
- Cut eight 4″ of Arabesque sheer ribbon. Remove wire from ribbon.
- Stitch ribbon together like in previous steps. (see steps 6-8)
- Glue the two ribbon sections together with Fabri Tac glue. (see picture below)
- Lightly apply blue ink onto white snowflake brad. Wipe off excess ink.
- Remove prongs from the back of the snowflake brad and glue onto the white button.
- Glue button to the center of the bow.
- Glue or sew bow onto the metal barrette base.
I would like to thank Offray Ribbon for generously providing the ribbon used in this project.
This project uses Amazon Affiliate links. If you choose to purchase an item from Amazon from this link, I receive a small commission that helps defray the cost of running this blog.