While most of you are outside basking in the Summer’s warmth…
some of us are inside thinking “cool” thoughts.
As you know… I love participating in the Designer Craft Connection’s Monthly Design Challenges.
The theme for the Challenge was Christmas in July.
This month’s Manufacturer Design Challenge was sponsored by Robin’s Nest and Smoothfoam.
My project for the challenge is a simple ornament using a small Smoothfoam Wreath
To Make the Wreath:
- Apply a layer of embossing paste or Snowtex to cover the front and sides of the wreath.
- Allow time for the paste to fully dry before continuing.
- Glue tear drops and dew drops on the front of the wreath with a good liquid craft glue.
- Glue trim around outside of the wreath. I originally had no trim on the outside of the wreath. By adding the decorative trim around the outside it gave me the pop of green that I needed to accent the wreath.
- Next…Punch or cut a 3″ circle from red glitter cardstock. Find the center of the circle and start forming the snowflake pattern using 12 diamond drops. Glue small metallic dew drop in the center of the snowflake.
- Glue hanger on the back of the wreath before adding the red snowflake circle.
A Big Thanks to Smoothfoam and Robin’s Nest for providing the products to work with.
To see what the other designers have come up with.
Click on the Designer Craft Connection Logo on my right sidebar to start hopping.