A Quick and Easy DIY canvas and a throw back to the 1960’s.
The song “What the World needs Now is Love” was first recorded in 1965…
and was written by Hal Davis with the music composed by Burt Bacharach.
To make a canvas you’ll need…
- 8″ x 10″ white canvas
- Iron Embroidered Letters from Joy SA
- Blue Acrylic Paint
- Craft Adhesive
- Clean Soft Rag or White Paper Towel
- Using watered down acrylic paint I created a light watercolor wash on the canvas.
- To create the cloudy look, I dabbed the painting, while the background was still wet, with a clean towel to remove portions of the paint.
- After the canvas has fully dried, arrange letters on canvas.
- Draw light pencil marks on the canvas to keep your lines straight.
- Adhere to canvas with adhesive.
This canvas was created for and sponsored by Joy SA.