Old or New…Jazz Up your flip flops with Patent Leather Paint from Deco Arts.
While attending the Creativation show in Phoenix earlier this year, I received a bottle
of “new” Garnet patent leather paint to play with. You could say, I was smitten.
This paint was so fun and easy to work with.
A quick and easy way to jazz up old or new flip flops. (also pumps and purses)
To jazz up your flip flops you’ll need… (*affiliate link)
- Pair of Plain Flip Flops (old for me)
- DecoArt Patent Leather Paint
- Soft Bristled Paintbrush
- Decorative or Vintage Button
- Wire Cutter*
- Beacon Quick Grip All-Purpose Permanent Adhesive*
- If using old flip flops… Make sure to wipe flip flops well with damp towel to remove any dirt or dust.
- Apply patent leather paint evenly with a soft-bristled brush. The paint will have a slight tacky feel as it is drying.
- Apply 2-3 coats of paint to get the desired coverage. Allow paint to dry between coats.
- Cut the shank off the back of the button with Wire Cutter*.
- Adhere the button onto the front of the flip flops using Quick Grip Adhesive*.
- Allow paint to cure 24-48 hours before using.
Next… Get a pedicure and ENJOY!
The Jazzed Up Flip Flops were created for Craft Ideas Magazine’s Summer 2017 issue.
Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!