Old or New…Jazz Up your flip flops with Patent Leather Paint from Deco Arts.
While attending the Creativation show in Phoenix earlier this year, I received a bottle
of “new” Garnet patent leather paint to play with. You could say, I was smitten.
This paint was so fun and easy to work with.
A quick and easy way to jazz up old or new flip flops. (also pumps and purses)
To jazz up your flip flops you’ll need… (*amazon affiliate link)
- Pair of Plain Flip Flops (old for me)
- DecoArt Patent Leather Paint
- Soft Bristled Paintbrush
- Decorative or Vintage Button
- Wire Cutter*
- Beacon Quick Grip All-Purpose Permanent Adhesive*
- If using old flip flops… Make sure to wipe flip flops well with damp towel to remove any dirt or dust.
- Apply patent leather paint evenly with a soft-bristled brush. The paint will have a slight tacky feel as it is drying.
- Apply 2-3 coats of paint to get the desired coverage. Allow paint to dry between coats.
- Cut the shank off the back of the button with Wire Cutter*.
- Adhere the button onto the front of the flip flops using Quick Grip Adhesive*.
- Allow paint to cure 24-48 hours before using.
Next… Get a pedicure and ENJOY!
The Jazzed Up Flip Flops were created for Craft Ideas Magazine’s Summer 2017 issue.
Shop Amazon Scrapbooking Supplies*
Disclaimer: This blog uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
3 thoughts on “Jazz Up your Flip Flops with Patent Leather Paint”
LOVE the flip flop upscale. Now people will think they are expensive designer sandals. Can’t wait to answer the ‘where did you get those?’ comments.
Exactly. (Love that paint.)