One of my favorite childhood memories was the summer I was cast as Lucy in the library’s
production of “You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown”.
My favorite song was “happiness is”. At the end of the show we all held hands and sang.
Still makes me happy.
When it comes to using Joy Iron-on letters…
I’ve dyed them, inked them and even misted the letters, I never thought about painting them.
Joy White Embroidered Iron On Letters are great for creating any color you can imagine.
They even work great with acrylic paint.
To Make the Happiness Pillow you’ll need… (*affiliate link)
- Joy Embroidered Iron On Letters*
- NEW Embroidered Flower Applique
- 14″ Square Canvas Pillow*
- DecoArt Acrylic Paint…. Cinnamon Drop*, Pink Chiffon*, Orange Twist*, Primary Yellow*, Sea Aqua*, Foliage Green*, Blue Haven*, Purple Cow*, Titanium White and True Blue
- 14″ Square Pillow Form* or Poly-Fil Polyester Fiber*
- DecoArt Fabric Medium*
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Paint each letter to create a rainbow of H-A-P-P-I-N-E-S-S.
- Allow letters to fully dry.
- Insert cardboard into pillow blank.
- Add Fabric Medium to acrylic paint white and light blue paint.
- Paint directly onto the canvas pillow.
- Allow paint to fully dry.
- Set Iron to cotton setting, approx. 350 degrees, or follow garment care label.
- Position letters with shiny side down onto pillow
- Cover letters with a fine cloth. With a firm pressure, iron cloth over letters for 30 seconds.
- Turn pillow over and iron the back for another 30 seconds.
- Position Embroidered Floral Applique and iron onto pillow the same as the letters.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute before handling.
- Insert pillow form or add Polyfil.
Look for Joy® iron-on embroidered letters and numbers at your favorite craft store. They’re available in different sizes, colors and fonts, suitable for every occasion.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the Joy® Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.