A DIY Sign for Valentine’s Day or for everyday..
using Styletech Craft Vinyl and my Silhouette Cameo.
My mom loved to sing this song.
She sang it to us when we were kids and then she sang it again to our kids.
This song and sign brings back all the warm fuzzies and good memories.
A Perfect Love Song for Valentine’s Day and everyday.
To make the “I Love you a Bushel and a Peck” sign I used:
- Translucent Glitter Vinyl in Black and Magenta from StyleTechCraft
- Styletech Clear Vinyl Transfer Tape*.
- Silhouette Cameo Wireless Cutting Machine*
- Vinyl Craft Tools*
- SVG Cut File
- 12″ x 12″ Scrapbook Paper
- 12″ x 12″ Chipboard
- 12″ x 12″ Frame
- Using the “Bushel and a Peck” SVG cut file and the Silhouette Cameo re-size the image to fit inside your frame.
- To keep it simple, I cut the image out twice using both the black and magenta glitter vinyl.
- Remove the excess vinyl (the negative pieces) using a Craft Vinyl Weeding Tool* or pick.
- Remove all the hearts and flourishes from the black vinyl.
- Remove the words from the magenta vinyl.
- Use Vinyl Transfer Tape* to pick up and apply the words directly onto the piece of scrapbook paper. Gently rub over paper. Remove transfer tape.
- You can re-use the transfer tape to pick up the hearts and flourishes.
- Carefully line up the hearts and flourish over the words. Remove transfer tape.
- Add finished sign into frame and enjoy.
Tip: If you’re good, you can carefully pick up the words from the magenta glitter vinyl and use it on a separate project. Like the “Hug” cup down below.
From the 1950’s Musical “Guys and Dolls”…Sang by Doris Day
I love you a bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck
A hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap
A barrel and a heap and I’m talkin’ in my sleep
About you, about you
‘Cause I love you a bushel and a peck
You bet your purdy neck I do
A doodle oodle ooh doo
A doodle oodle oodle ooh doo
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
*Disclaimer: This post uses ads and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!