How to make a “Some Bunny Loves You” Spring Card
Send a little Love and Encouragement to someone special using the Some Bunny Loves You
Stamp and Die Set from The Maker’s Movement.
*FTC Disclosure… “This is a sponsored post. I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.”
Supplies used to make the card: (*affiliate links)
- MSD209 Some Bunny Loves You Stamp and Die Set
- Derwent Academy Heavyweight Acrylic Paper Pad*
- VersaFine Instant Dry Pigment Ink, Onyx Black*
- Tombow Markers: #977 Saddle Brown*, #990 Light Sand*, #800 Baby Pink*
- MMT214 Sweetheart Shaker Sprinkles (hearts)
- Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting System*
- 6312 Blue Skies 12″ x 12″ Scrapbook Paper* (Doodlebug Design-Simply Spring)
- 6318 Sunday Dress 12″ x 12″ Scrapbook Paper* (Doodlebug Design-Hoppy Easter)
- 6319 Bunny Babies 12″ x 12″ Scrapbook Paper* (Doodlebug Design-Hoppy Easter)
- Xyron Tape Runner*
- 3D White Foam Squares*
- Rounded Corner Punch*
- Craft Glue*
- Berwick Offray Arabesque 5/8″ White Wired Edge Ribbon*
- White and Turquoise Card-stock
Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
- Stamp the bunny image onto a 2″ x 3″ piece of white heavyweight acrylic paper.
- Start coloring the edges of the bunny with the saddle brown marker and blend the colors together using the light sand marker. ( Stamping on non-porous white card-stock helps the markers blend easier.)
- Highlight the bunny cheeks and inside of the ears with the baby pink marker.
- Line up bunny die with the stamped image. (cutting side down) I use a piece of removable tape on my die to hold it in place as I run in through the Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting System*.
- Stamp a “heart balloon” and “small banner” onto a piece of “Sunday dress” (purple) scrapbook paper. Stamp the word “hugs” in the center of the balloon. Stamp the words “hopping you all the best” centered inside the banner.
- Align stamped heart image with the heart die and cut using the Crossover II*.
- Cut the banner image using scissors.
- Cut a 2 ½” x 3 ½” piece of “baby bunnies” (small flowers) scrapbook paper. Cut the top of the paper with the wavy die and the Crossover II*
- Adhere the small flowers layer onto a 3 ½” x 4 ¾” piece of “blue skies” scrapbook paper.
- Cut a 2 ¾” x 3 ¾”striped layer and round the corners of the layer using a rounded corner punch*. Adhere onto the small layer onto the previous layers.
- Add 3-D foam mounting squares onto the back of the bunny and balloon and adhere to the front of the striped layer. Adhere the small banner using the tape runner to the lower right section of the striped layer (overhanging the edge).
- Glue small hearts onto the front of the card using craft glue.
- Adhere the layers onto a thin turquoise layer and then onto a 4″ x 5 ¼” piece of “Sunday dress” (purple gingham) scrapbook paper. Adhere onto a 4 ¼” x 5 ½” white card-stock card folded vertically. Tie a sheer ribbon around the top of the card.