It feels like Summer is here now that the pool is officially open.
A few more bright and sunny days, and I’ll be ready to jump in.
Who am I kidding? I’m either under the umbrella or on my pool float relaxing.
And since we’re not allowed to have glass items by the pool, (my rule) I made myself
a cute drink container using an expensive stainless steel tumbler found at Dollar Tree*.
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
For my drink holder, I used Iridescent Opal Vinyl* from StyleTechCraft to create the words.
I love the way the Opal Vinyl shimmers and changes with the light.
StyleTechCraft Opal Vinyl* comes in nine different colors for a lot of fun options.
While taking pictures of the products for this post, one of the pieces flew into the pool.
I thought it was ironic, so I took a picture. (opal vinyl holds up in water)
Here’s what I used to create my drink holder: (*affiliate links)
- StyletechCraft Opal Vinyl*: Green and Blue
- StyleTechCraft White Glossy Craft Vinyl*
- StyleTechCraft Vinyl Tool Kit*
- Vinyl Transfer Tape*
- Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine*
- Alcohol Wipe
- “The Pool is Calling” SVG Cut File from the Silhouette Store
- Stainless Steel Tumbler
StyletechCraft products brought to you by ATSM Craft*
- Wipe the surface of the tumbler with the alcohol wipe to remove any oils.
- Use the Silhouette Electronic Die Cutting Machine to cut the words “the Pool is Calling!” out of Opal and White Craft Vinyl
- The cut file I used came with an outline for the word “Pool”. I cut it out of white glossy craft vinyl to make the word “Pool” stand out.
- Use a small piece of transfer paper, place onto the individual letters that spell the word “Pool”. Place letters one by one on the white outline.
- Cut a piece of transfer paper slightly larger than the white vinyl outline.
- Apply transfer tape over the outline. Give the transfer tape a gentle rub.
- Apply the word “Pool” onto the tumbler.
- Apply additional words onto the tumbler.
- Allow the vinyl to cure on the tumbler for 4 days before using. (Hand wash Only)
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the StyleTechCraft Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.
2 thoughts on “The Pool is Calling Drink Holder”
I’m jealous of your cute drink holder and I’m jealous of your pool!
Pretty and practical – my fave combination! Layering the white vinyl behind the opal really gave “pool” a big “pop”! The color shift is amazing on that opal vinyl!